Training Terms and Conditions
General terms & conditions
1. Risk statement (dinghy, powerboat and windsurfing courses)
Our water-based courses, like any activity on the water, involves an element of risk. By taking part in the training course you agree and acknowledge:
- That it is an outdoor activity with an element of risk. Participants should be prepared to be wet, and on occasions, cold and possibly be knocked or bruised. In booking this activity, the participant acknowledges that it may be physically and emotionally challenging and that there are inherent risks associated with this activity.
- At all times, to comply with the instructions given by instructors, particularly regarding handling of boats, wearing of buoyancy aids and suitable clothing for the conditions; and accept the responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by your own negligence.
- To wear a buoyancy aid when on or near the water, at all times. These are available on request.
- That participants work towards a recognised certificate of competency, issued only on successful completion of all modules.
We require full payment of your booking by the requested payment date. Failure to do so will result in your booking being cancelled.
- You understand the organiser may cancel or postpone the course at any stage in the event of bad weather, equipment failure or otherwise.
- A full refund will be given if a place on the course is cancelled 3 weeks or more before the start of the course. After that, any refund will be at the discretion of the training committee. Cancellation by the club will be refunded or deferred.
- Should a course participant, through illness or otherwise, miss parts of the course, Notts County Sailing Club are under no obligation to offer completion of the course, refund or to transfer the booking.
- Notts County Sailing Club reserves the right to vary course details, dates and prices without prior notice, including insufficient participants or instructors.
You understand that the organiser may exclude anyone from a particular session and ask anyone who refuses to comply with these course booking terms or who misconducts themselves in any way or who causes damage or annoyance to other persons to leave.
5. Data protection
The information you provide in this form will be used to facilitate your participation in the course and to contact you.
- All personal details are saved in accordance with the club's privacy and data policies on the club's website.
- On successful completion of your course your name, certificate number and date of issue will be stored for up to 7 years, so we can verify or replace your certificate if required. Where the RYA (Royal Yachting Association) issue the final certificate they will also keep your details as in their policy, and a postal address will be required to send the certificate to you.
I hereby apply for course membership of Notts County Sailing Club and undertake to always observe the rules of the club at all times. I confirm that I have read and fully understand the above Booking Terms and agree to comply with them.
Medical / dietary declaration
It is your responsibility to declare any medical or dietary conditions which may affect your ability to participate in the course. If you are in any doubt, please consult your doctor. At the start of the course, you should inform the organiser of any changes to the information provided. Organisers and your instructor may be made aware of any conditions.
Specific to junior courses - it is the parent or guardian's responsibility to give permission to the organiser to administer any relevant treatment or medication to the child taking part. In an emergency situation the course organisers may also need to take the child to hospital to receive any treatment required to be carried out in accordance with the hospital's diagnosis. The parent / guardian will be notified, as soon as possible, of the hospital visit and any treatment given by the hospital.
Consent to join our mailing list
The Organiser would also like to include your contact details on a mailing list in order to make you aware of membership opportunities and future events. Please let us know if you wish to be included / excluded from this mailing list?
If you wish to withdraw your agreement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consent for photography
The club may arrange for images to be taken during the course for use on their website and social media channels or printed material to promote the club and their activities. The RYA may also wish to use images for similar purposes. If you later wish to withdraw your agreement, please contact email@example.com.
Please be aware that if you later decide to withdraw your agreement it will not be possible to remove your image from any printed material in circulation, or until the next edition or print of the item containing your image is released.
By agreeing to your images being used, you agree to assign any copyright or any other right of ownership of these images to the Organiser.
Last updated 04:23 on 17 January 2024