RYA Adult Dinghy Level 2 Course » Day 3 of 3
The RYA Adult Dinghy Level 2 Basic Skills course enables you to progress quickly from beginner to a competent sailor in light winds, in a controlled, safe and enjoyable environment.
Adult Members £135, Adult Non-members £180
Sailing skills to the standard of Level 1 Start Sailing
3 days or 4 half days
None (although under 16s may prefer to learn through the Youth Sailing Scheme)
Rigging, launching and building confidence sailing in all directions. Capsize recovery and essential safety knowledge.
Qualification gained on successful completion
Able to sail confidently on all points of sail and make decisions in good conditions.
The successful candidate is awarded an RYA Dinghy Level 2 certificate.
The Level 2 certificate allows members to borrow dinghies at Notts County Sailing Club.
Predominantly afloat but with some classroom elements.
Student / instructor ratio
- Use of boats, training materials and equipment.
- Course handbook, certificate and syllabus/logbook.
What you should bring
- Depending on the time of year, the Galley may be open for the purchase of breakfast, lunch and hot and cold drinks. If it will not be, you will be advised in advance so that you can bring your own food. Hot water will always be available.
- If you already have a syllabus/logbook, please bring it with you, including any certificates attached inside.
- What should I wear?
- Buoyancy aid of correct specification e.g. adult 50N (one will be provided if you do not have your own)
- Correct seasonal wetsuit or drysuit
- For inclement weather, a waterproof outer spray top or coat and base layers are recommended
- Appropriate enclosed footwear, i.e. wetsuit boots or trainers that can get wet
- Appropriate seasonal hat
- Gloves - sailing or thin gardening gloves
- Swimming costume and towel
- Water bottle
- Change(s) of clothing
Last updated 7:18pm on 29 February 2024