RYA Adult Dinghy Level 3 Better Sailing Course » Day 2 of 2
Improve your sailing, consolidating skills and trying new ones in a variety of conditions.
Members £150, Non-members £190
Sailing skills to the standard of Level 2 Basic Skills.
Approximately 2 days or equivalent number of sessions
Further coaching to consolidate the skills learned during Level 1 - Start Sailing, and Level 2 - Basic Skills. Short taster sessions from the advanced modules such as Day Sailing and Seamanship skills.
Qualification gained on successful completion
More confident in sailing skills and techniques and ready to progress onto the advanced modules.
The successful candidate is awarded RYA Dinghy Level 3 certificates.
Predominantly afloat but with some classroom elements.
Student / instructor ratio
- Use of boats, training materials and equipment.
- Course handbook, certificates and log book.
What you should bring
- Depending on the time of year, the Galley may be open for the purchase of breakfast, lunch and hot and cold drinks. If it will not be, you will be advised in advance so that you can bring your own food. Hot water will always be available.
- If you have already completed an RYA Adult Dinghy sailing course before, please remember to bring your log book and certificates.
- What to wear:
- Buoyancy aid of correct specification e.g. adult 50N (one will be provided if you do not have your own)
- Correct seasonal wetsuit or drysuit
- For inclement weather, a waterproof outer spray top or coat and base layers are recommended
- Appropriate enclosed footwear, i.e. wetsuit boots or trainers that can get wet
- Appropriate seasonal hat and gloves
- Swimming costume and towel
- Water bottle
- Change(s) of clothing
Last updated 11:06pm on 6 May 2022