RYA Youth Dinghy Stage 1 Start Sailing Course » Day 1 of 2
Course tentatively planned to go ahead, subject to instructor availability. In the event of a cancellation, a full refund will be issued or your booking transferred to the next available course dates.
An introduction to the parts of the boat and the basic principles of how to get a boat sailing .
Junior Members £85, Junior Non-members £105
2 days or equivalent number of sessions
Launching and recovery, sailing across the wind, turning around, steering and basic parts of the boat
Qualification gained on successful completion
Able to sail across the wind, steer and understand the basic principles of sailing
The successful candidate is awarded RYA Dinghy Level 1 certificate.
Predominantly afloat but with some classroom elements.
Student / instructor ratio
- Use of club boats, training materials and equipment
- Course handbook, certificate and syllabus/logbook
What you should bring
- If you already have a syllabus/logbook, please bring it with you, including any certificates attached inside.
- What should I wear?
- Buoyancy aid of correct specification e.g. adult 50N (one will be provided if you do not have your own)
- Correct seasonal wetsuit or drysuit
- For inclement weather, a waterproof outer spray top or coat and base layers are recommended
- Appropriate enclosed footwear, i.e. wetsuit boots or trainers that can get wet
- Appropriate seasonal hat and gloves
- Swimming costume and towel
- Water bottle
- Change(s) of clothing
Last updated 1:12pm on 16 May 2022