RYA Youth Dinghy Stage 2 Start Sailing Course » Day 4 of 4
Course tentatively planned to go ahead, subject to instructor availability. In the event of a cancellation, a full refund will be issued or your booking transferred to the next available course dates.
Develop the skills needed to sail around a course and understand the basic principles needed to become a confident sailor .
Members £130, Non-members £160
Sailing skills to the standard of Stage 1 (Able to sail across the wind, steer and understand the basic principles of sailing )
4 days or equivalent number of sessions
Improved sailing skills on all points of sail. Tacking, gybing, ropework and collision avoidance .
Qualification gained on successful completion
Building confidence sailing, tacking, gybing and improving boat control and speed.
The successful candidate is awarded RYA Dinghy Level 2 certificate.
Predominantly afloat but with some classroom elements.
Student / instructor ratio
- Use of club boats, training materials and equipment
- Certificates and log book
What you should bring
- If you have already completed an RYA Youth Dinghy sailing course before, please remember to bring your log book and certificates.
- What should I wear?
- Buoyancy aid of correct specification e.g. adult 50N (one will be provided if you do not have your own)
- Correct seasonal wetsuit or drysuit
- For inclement weather, a waterproof outer spray top or coat and base layers are recommended
- Appropriate enclosed footwear, i.e. wetsuit boots or trainers that can get wet
- Appropriate seasonal hat and gloves
- Swimming costume and towel
- Water bottle
- Change(s) of clothing
Last updated 11:04pm on 13 May 2022