RYA Youth Dinghy Stage 3 Start Sailing Course » Day 4 of 4
YOU MUST HAVE YOUR OWN BOAT TO BOOK AN AVAILABLE PLACE ON THIS COURSE.
Build your confidence and develop the skills needed to sail in different directions in moderate conditions.
Junior Members £130, Junior Non-members £160
Sailing skills to the standard of Stage 2 (Improved sailing skills on all points of sail, tacking, gybing and improved boat control and speed)
4 days or equivalent number of sessions
Improved rigging, sailing theory, launching and recovery. Building confidence in a range of sailing techniques on all points of sail and capsize recovery.
Qualification gained on successful completion
Able to launch and sail a dinghy on all points of sail or around a triangle in moderate conditions.
The successful candidate is awarded RYA Dinghy Level 3 certificate.
Predominantly afloat but with some classroom elements.
Student / instructor ratio
- Training materials and equipment
- Course handbook, certificate and syllabus/logbook
What you should bring
- If you already have a syllabus/logbook, please bring it with you, including any certificates attached inside.
- For our intermediate (Stage 3 and 4) and advanced courses, we like you to use your own Topper if you have one. Please make sure that your boat is rigged and ready in time for the start of the course. If you need to borrow a club boat, please let us know.
- What should I wear?
- Buoyancy aid of correct specification e.g. adult 50N (one will be provided if you do not have your own)
- Correct seasonal wetsuit or drysuit
- For inclement weather, a waterproof outer spray top or coat and base layers are recommended
- Appropriate enclosed footwear, i.e. wetsuit boots or trainers that can get wet
- Appropriate seasonal hat and gloves
- Swimming costume and towel
- Water bottle
- Change(s) of clothing
Last updated 10:11am on 15 August 2022