REGISTER INTEREST Youth Dinghy » Register Interest RYA Youth Dinghy Stage 4 Provisional
Join a specific course waiting list(s) or if there are no suitable dates, please join a REGISTER INTEREST course waiting list below (ignore arbitrary date used for system entry only) and we'll be in touch as soon as possible to confirm the availability of a place. See individual course details for more information, including pricing and course duration.
Learn how to sail a double-handed boat as crew or helm and solve a variety of problems afloat during the RYA Youth Dinghy Stage 4 Start Sailing course
Junior Members £105, Junior Non-members £150
Sailing skills to the standard of Stage 3 (Improved rigging, sailing theory, launching and recovery. Confidence in a range of sailing techniques on all points of sail and capsize recovery.)
3 days or equivalent number of sessions
Transferring pre-learnt skills, techniques and manoeuvres to sail crewed boats, enhance rigging, launching, recovery and practical skills to recover a man overboard.
Qualification gained on successful completion
Can sail a double-handed boat on all points of sail. Launch and return to a beach, jetty or mooring in moderate conditions.
The successful candidate is awarded RYA Dinghy Stage 4 certificate.
Predominantly afloat but with some classroom elements.
Student / instructor ratio
- Use of boats, training materials and equipment.
- Course handbook, certificate and syllabus/logbook.
What you should bring
- Depending on the time of year, the Galley may be open for the purchase of breakfast, lunch and hot and cold drinks. If it will not be, you will be advised in advance so that you can bring your own food. Hot water will always be available.
- If you already have a syllabus/logbook, please bring it with you, including any certificates attached inside.
- What should I wear?
- Buoyancy aid of correct specification e.g. adult 50N (one will be provided if you do not have your own)
- Correct seasonal wetsuit or drysuit
- For inclement weather, a waterproof outer spray top or coat and base layers are recommended
- Appropriate enclosed footwear, i.e. wetsuit boots or trainers that can get wet
- Appropriate seasonal hat and gloves
- Swimming costume and towel
- Water bottle
- Change(s) of clothing
Last updated 2:23pm on 4 March 2024