RYA Adult Dinghy Level 3 Course » Day 3 of 3
The RYA Adult Dinghy Level 3 Better Sailing course aims to improve your sailing, consolidating skills and trying new ones in a variety of conditions.
Members £135, Non-members £180
Sailing skills to the standard of Level 2 Basic Skills
3 days or 4 half days
None (although under 16s may prefer to learn through the Youth Sailing Scheme)
Further coaching to consolidate the skills learned during Level 1 - Start Sailing, and Level 2 - Basic Skills. Short taster sessions from the advanced modules such as Day Sailing and Seamanship skills.
Qualification gained on successful completion
More confident in sailing skills and techniques and ready to progress onto the advanced modules.
The successful candidate is awarded an RYA Dinghy Level 3 certificate.
Predominantly afloat but with some classroom elements.
Student / instructor ratio
- Use of boats, training materials and equipment.
- Course handbook, certificate and syllabus/logbook.
What you should bring
- Depending on the time of year, the Galley may be open for the purchase of breakfast, lunch and hot and cold drinks. If it will not be, you will be advised in advance so that you can bring your own food. Hot water will always be available.
- If you already have a syllabus/logbook, please bring it with you, including any certificates attached inside.
- What should I wear?
- Buoyancy aid of correct specification e.g. adult 50N (one will be provided if you do not have your own)
- Correct seasonal wetsuit or drysuit
- For inclement weather, a waterproof outer spray top or coat and base layers are recommended
- Appropriate enclosed footwear, i.e. wetsuit boots or trainers that can get wet
- Appropriate seasonal hat
- Gloves - sailing or thin gardening gloves
- Swimming costume and towel
- Water bottle
- Change(s) of clothing
Last updated 10:13pm on 29 February 2024