REGISTER INTEREST Windsurfing » Register Interest RYA Start Windsurfing Provisional
Join a specific course waiting list(s) or if there are no suitable dates, please join a REGISTER INTEREST course waiting list below (ignore date used for system entry only) and we'll be in touch as soon as possible to confirm the availability of a place. See individual course details for more information, including pricing and course duration.
The RYA Start Windsurfing course is an introduction to windsurfing for complete beginners, covering everything you need to know to get afloat under supervision.
Junior Members £75, Junior Non-members £105 (Lunch excluded)
Adult Members £95, Adult Non-members £125 (Lunch excluded)
2 days or equivalent number of sessions
Please contact us if your child is under 10 years and would like to attend this course.
Your instructor will guide you through the basic fundamentals needed to confidently windsurf to a desired point
Qualification gained on successful completion
Able to sail to a chosen point on the water, tacking and gybing in light winds
The successful candidate is awarded RYA Start Windsurfing certificate.
Predominantly afloat but with some classroom elements.
Student / instructor ratio
- Use of boards, training materials and equipment.
- Course handbook, certificate and syllabus/logbook.
What you should bring
- Depending on the time of year, the Galley may be open for the purchase of breakfast, lunch and hot and cold drinks. If it will not be, you will be advised in advance so that you can bring your own food. Hot water will always be available.
- If you already have a syllabus/logbook, please bring it with you, including any certificates attached inside.
- What should I wear?
- Buoyancy aid of correct specification e.g. adult 50N (one will be provided if you do not have your own)
- Correct seasonal wetsuit or drysuit
- For inclement weather, a waterproof outer spray top or coat and base layers are recommended
- Appropriate enclosed footwear, i.e. wetsuit boots or trainers that can get wet
- Appropriate seasonal hat and gloves
- Swimming costume and towel
- Water bottle
- Change(s) of clothing
Last updated 3:36pm on 4 March 2024